Skincare is the most important step when it comes to make up because what you need a clean moisturized surface to apply your make up or it could start looking cakey and cause your skin to be extra dry or oily depending on your type. I happen to have sensitive oily skin. So I have to be careful with what I use or after just a few hours of applying my makeup it will start crease and slide around my face. Over the past few months I have discovered a skincare routine that I am LOVING! And the best part? Its affordable and very easy to get your hands on. (There is one item that might be considered high end and isn't the easiest to get a hold of but its still pretty affordable. I'll talk about that soon) You can find almost all of these at most drugstores and of course if you're lucky enough to have a ulta near by you can purchase them there. But just a little word of advice, most drugstores are cheaper than ulta. At least where I am at anyway. Most of these products are from the line Garnier. But I do have a mix of different items. So lets jump into everything.
I try not to wash my face more than once a day. For me it drys out my skin causing me to produce more oil and breaking my face out worse. So I normally wash it at night to get all my makeup off.
So, in the mornings I use Clean & Clear deep cleaning toner for sensitive skin.
Just pour a little on a cotton pad and thoroughly wipe my face. Next is what I feel like is my secret weapon as far as skin care goes. I use a blend of essential oils from doterra.
Next I put on moisturizer which is so so important. I use garnier moisture rescue refreshing gel-cream for combination to oily skin.
Whew what a mouthful! This stuff is awesome for spring and summer. Its a gel so its not going to make me overly oily but its moisturizing enough to keep me hydrated during the day. During the winter months Ive switched a cliniques moisture surge gel because hello. North Dakota is like very dehydrating on the skin. But again I'm sticking to gel to prevent it from making me to oily. I feel like I used that word a million times in this post. lol
lotion and the gel face wash. One is obviously more moisturizing the other. So I whatever I feel like my skin needs that day I use it.
On my eyes I use Cetaphils gentle skin cleanser. This stuff isn't made for makeup removing but it works great at removing eyeliner, eyeshadow and even waterproof mascara!
So how I use these products is pretty self explanatory. I just wet my face, beginning with my eyes i put the cleanser on them and then rub the garnier into the rest of my skin and wash with luke-warm water. After I pat my skin dry I follow up with my clinique moisturizer as stated before and than I'm good to go.
I really wanted to add in some other tips for keeping your skin clean but I feel like this post is already longer than I wanted it to be. So maybe I can make a part two and include some actual tips for keeping skin clear. Please let me know down in the comments what you think and thank you so much for stopping by!
xoxo
Brooke
p.s I wanted to mention that you can subscribe to my blogs on your smartphone! You can download an app called rss reader or pockets. So that way you can keep up with all your favorite blogs a lot easier :)
I'm also including a picture of me and my handsome hubby. I was trying to do it on my first post but I couldn't get it to work. :)








Skin care is so important, I know, I know. This is why you're constantly on my tail to keep up with it. It doesn't take long and it keeps you young. So why don't I do this more often, like daily.... Great blog, Brooke. Keep it up and hopefully I'll learn something!
ReplyDeleteGreat post Brooke!!! I feel like I learned a lot!!! :D Was wondering where you can get those essential oils you were talking about?
ReplyDeleteHey savannah! Thanks for commenting :) I can post a link to my sister in law who sells them. I know the name (clear skin) has changed but hopefully I can find out the new one for you! I will text you the link.
Delete