Friday, May 15, 2015

Hello there! I know that its been a little while since I've been on here but this past week was pretty crazy busy! I have tons of awesome blogs lined up for this next week so come back for those!!
Today I just wanted to share a little beauty hack with you! I love multi use products. It can help save money and lower the amount of other products you have in your bathroom. What we are going to be talking about today vaseline! Yup, straight up petroleum jelly! When I first started using it I didn't even realize all its many uses. This is such an awesome product! And I am going to tell you a few of my favorite ways to utilize it.

1. Removing eye makeup. I love putting on makeup and coming up with different eye looks. But honestly I don't like taking off my makeup. Now I hate sleeping in my makeup and I promise myself that if I can take the time to put it on, than I can take five minutes (if that) at night to clean my face. But sometimes when you do a heavy eye look or use waterproof mascara or eyeliner getting your eye makeup to come off can be tricky. You have to rub and scrub to get it off and 99% you still have little bit left over. You can invest in a eye makeup remover and those are nice but you can go through them pretty fast and that can get expensive. I have used eye makeup remover in the past but to be honest I prefer this stuff. I was taught this trick by a friend many years ago. So, if you're reading this Lycia, THANK YOU!!! All you do is get some out of the container (a little goes a long way) and rub gently in circular motions for just a few seconds. Than wipe off with a washcloth or baby wipe! I don't recommend trying to wash it off with water because it will just smear all over your face. ( and I would know this lol) And another bonus is sometimes eye makeup remover burns or dries out my eyes. I have never had a problem with this stuff.
2. When you use Vaseline to remove your eye makeup, it can also help grow and thicken your eyelashes. Now this may not work for everyone, but I know for myself it did! This was an accidental discovery. I used it every night for a couple weeks and noticed a difference. So than I stored some in a old mascara tube ( yes very gross and unsanitary and I do not use it like that anymore) and would apply it on the nights that I didn't use it to take off my makeup. It works better when used daily.
3. For cracked or chapped lips/heels. Now this may be a more wide known thing, but I love using this in the winter! I pop it on my lips and heels at night (for the feet I recommend sleeping in socks) and when I would wake up in the morning everything would be smooth and soft.
4. For taming eyebrow hairs. I don't have to crazy of eyebrow hairs but some days I have that one or two that decides to stand straight up. I just smooth it down with Vaseline and I'm good to go! Just be careful on the amount you use. You don't want to look like they are glued down. ;)
5. To prevent chaffing. I know in the summer (especially wearing skirts or dresses) your legs can tend to rub together when you're outside or doing a lot of walking. You can apply this where ever your legs rub and the rubbing will stop. Bonus tip it will help soothe the pain if you forgot to put some on the day before!
Well, those are my top favorites and the ones I get the most use out off. Oh, and the best best part about this product is its affordable, lasts forever and found almost anywhere! Yay!! Have you heard of Vaseline being a muti use product before? What are your favorite uses for them? Let me know in the comments down below!

xoxo,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment